If you’re like us, you’re counting down the days ‘til summer starts. You may even be planning your summer vacation. Whether you’re narrowing down your top choices or just starting to think of ideas, we have the best recommendation of all. You should rent a boat for vacation. In fact, here are six compelling reasons why it’s among the best ways to get away.
1. It’s affordable. Owning a boat is fantastic, but might be a bigger cost commitment than you’re ready to make. So, did you know you can rent a boat for vacation for as little as a few hundred dollars a day? Not only that, but you won’t spend a lot of money on fuel, since it’s sometimes included in the price.
2. Different boats exist for different folks. The great thing about boating is that there’s a design and purpose to suit everyone. From wake boats to bowriders, from sailboats to sportfishing boats, and from catamarans to fast cruisers, you have plenty of choices. Even better, you can rent one type for a day or so in the coming weeks, then try another later in the season.
3. You don’t need experience. Since lots of people rent a boat to “try before you buy,” plenty of rental operators offer captains for hire. This lets you sit back and enjoy the sights with your family and friends. Or, if you want to learn smart boat-handling techniques, the captain gladly will share how to operate it. Captains, like essentially all boaters, want to see more people participating safely and confidently in this lifestyle.
4. A boat is a floating resort. What else can claim that it’s more than transportation; it’s further an entertainment venue, a restaurant, and a hotel? Not much. When you rent a boat for vacation, you can pursue tubing, for instance, then take a break for lunch at anchor. Afterwards, try your hand at waterskiing, before heading to another anchorage for dinner under the stars. Then fall asleep under those same stars, and start all-new adventures come dawn.
5. Plenty of destinations are waiting. You might be wondering where you can go when you rent a boat for vacation. The question really should be, where can’t you go? From waters near your own home to ones a plane ride away, opportunities abound. Equally noteworthy, the destinations don’t have to be fancy. In fact, sandbar boat trips are a blast. From Florida to Hawaii, sandbars attract lots of boaters, where everyone pursues a little of everything. For example, you can snorkel and swim. You can enjoy paddleboarding, too. You further can simply sit on your boat and enjoy good music and good conversations with soon-to-be boating friends.
6. It’s unbeatable for forging family connections. Not surprisingly, boating is increasingly popular with families. Regardless of age, everyone can enjoy jumping off the side into the water. You and your kids will have great stories to share with friends and loved ones back home as well. Brag about the wildlife you saw, the funny boat names you spotted, and the great activities you pursued. Ultimately, you’ll make amazing memories to last a lifetime.