National Fishing & Boating Week
GO FISHING AND BOATING THIS YEAR
Boating and Fishing are fun, stress-relieving activities that you can enjoy with your family and friends anytime. Here are just a few reasons why you should get out on the water and start enjoying these activities:
- Connect with your Family: Family fishing is a great way for family members of all ages to connect and have fun.
- Connect with Nature: 90% of Americans live within an hour of navigable water. Fishing and Boating are great opportunities to connect more with nature.
- De-stress: Boating is ranked as one of the top 3 of all stress-relieving activities.
- Help Conserve: The funds from your fishing licenses and boat registrations go towards the conservation of our natural aquatic areas.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE FISHING DAYS
During National Fishing and Boating Week, most states offer free fishing days. These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license. Check out the upcoming free fishing days in your state.
HOW TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL FISHING AND BOATING WEEK
The best way to celebrate National Fishing and Boating Week is to get out on the water! These are some of our ideas on how you can celebrate during this week:
- Find Places to Boat and Fish near you: Check our Places to Boat and Fish Map for boating and fishing spots that are near you and fits your family’s needs.
- Visit one of the Top 100 Family-Friendly Places to Fish and Boat in the U.S.: Take a look at the Top 100 list to find a spot close to you.
- Learn to Fish: Watch instructional videos and read tips from pros on how to cast, tie knots and make fishing rigs in our How to Fish section.
- Share your #FirstCatch photos: First of the day, first of the season or first of a lifetime. Follow @Take_Me_Fishing and share your #FirstCatch photos with us.
- Attend an Event: Many states hold events such as how-to clinics, fishing derbies, boat parades and family festivals during National Fishing and Boating Week. New this year – more than 1,000 Walmart stores are hosting #ReelFun Fishing Events! Check out our State Info section to find an event near you.
- Mentor or Teach Someone New to Fish: During National Fishing and Boating Week, or the next time you go fishing, take someone new with you: a child, a relative, a friend.
- Share this National Celebration on Social Media: Join others in sharing the joys of boating and fishing by spreading the word through your social media channels.
Content courtesy of Take Me Fishing.