Washington now requires Boater Education


As of January 2008, Washington is phasing-in a law requiring all operators of motorboats with 15 horsepower or greaterto take a boater safety education course and carry a Boater Education Card when operating a boat.

You can take a boater’s education course in a classroom, online or at home. Once the course is completed and test passed,  you will need to apply for a Boater Education Card.

If you have already taken and passed an approved boating class, you simply need to send in your application and supporting documents to get your Boater Education Card.
Content courtesy of Northwest Marine Trade Association.