Articles About Life Jackets

How Safe is That Doggie in the Water?
Jan 31, 2014

Life jackets are essential pieces of equipment for the boater, even required by law. But Is it a help or a hindrance in a "dog overboard"

Washington now requires Boater Education
Aug 16, 2011

As of January 2008, Washington is phasing-in a law requiring all operators of motorboats with 15 horsepower or greaterto take a boater safety education course and carry a Boater Education Card when operating a boat.

You can take a boater’s education course in a classroom, online or at home. Once the course is completed and test passed, you will need to apply for a Boater Education Card.

Aug 16, 2011

After losing legislative steam in mid-2007, California's Mandatory Boater Education bill appears to be ready for a return engagement in 2008. The bill proposed last year would have required anyone operating a boat to carry a vessel operator card card certifying that they had passed a Department of Boating and Waterways approved test.

Preparing for Spring Boating Season
Apr 07, 2011

Making a "Next Boating Season" list will not only help you get ready sooner when spring finally does arrive, it will also get you thinking about other ways you can enjoy your boat while spending quality time with your family and friends.

Think Boating Safety
Oct 21, 2010

Are you in need of more boating education? Do you have piloting experience in the class of boat that you are purchasing?