Quick Tips For Reducing Fuel Usage
• Slower speeds on the water will reduce fuel usage.
• Proper use of trim tabs reduce drag, especially while accelerating up to planing speeds.
• Minimize the amount of time that you idle at the dock
• Minimize the use of onboard generators.
• Use dock-side electrical power in lieu of generators.
• Have a float plan so you know exactly where you’re going.
• Make sure the hull is clean.
• Don’t under-power your boat. It’s important you have enough motor to handle the load.
• Check your propeller. If your boat is slow "out of the hole" or lacks top-end speed, you might have the wrong propeller.
• A well-tuned engine uses less fuel.
• Use the grade of gasoline specified by the engine manufacturer.
• Visit DiscoverBoating.com for more helpful tips on reducing fuel usage.