Quick Tips For Reducing Fuel Usage:
- Slower speeds on the water will reduce fuel usage.
- Proper use of trim tabs reduce drag, especially while accelerating up to planing speeds.
- Minimize the amount of time that you idle at the dock
- Minimize the use of onboard generators.
- Use dock-side electrical power in lieu of generators.
- Have a float plan so you know exactly where you’re going.
- Make sure the hull is clean.
- Don’t under-power your boat. It’s important you have enough motor to handle the load.
- Check your propeller. If your boat is slow "out of the hole" or lacks top-end speed, you might have the wrong propeller.
- A well-tuned engine uses less fuel.
- Use the grade of gasoline specified by the engine manufacturer.