There is so much to love, and learn, about boating. That's why we created this library of articles, videos and blog posts to help you throughout your adventures.
Tips For Reducing Fuel Usage
Quick Tips For Reducing Fuel Usage:
- Slower speeds on the water will reduce fuel usage.
- Proper use of trim tabs reduce drag, especially while accelerating up to planing speeds.
- Minimize the amount of time that you idle at the dock
- Minimize the use of onboard generators.
- Use dock-side electrical power in lieu of generators.
- Have a float plan so you know exactly where you’re going.
- Make sure the hull is clean.
- Don’t under-power your boat. It’s important you have enough motor to handle the load.
- Check your propeller. If your boat is slow "out of the hole" or lacks top-end speed, you might have the wrong propeller.
- A well-tuned engine uses less fuel.
- Use the grade of gasoline specified by the engine manufacturer.