There is so much to love, and learn, about boating. That’s why we created this library of articles, videos and blog posts to help you throughout your adventures.
Trolling Motors: Freshwater Fishing Accessories & Gear
- Tiller steer motors are the easiest to install—and to remove—because they clamp to the boat with a couple of thumbscrews. You can also mount a tiller steer trolling motor on the bow, stern, or both if you want to.
- Foot control trolling motors require a folding mounting bracket on the bow—we’ve never seen a foot control motor located anywhere else on a boat. Most foot controls use mechanical cables to move the trolling motor—press your toe down to turn the motor (and the boat) one way, rock your heel back on the foot pedal to maneuver the motor in the opposite direction.
Trolling motors really don’t troll—they’re a means of keeping you fishing.
Read more about saltwater and freshwater fishing accessories
- Secret Fishing Tips
- Bass Fishing Tips - 10 Bass Fishing Secrets from the Pros
- Trolling Motors
- When To Fish
- Fighting A Fish
- Freshwater Fishing Tips
- Codes of Angling Ethics
- Freshwater Fishing Basics
- Fishing With Kids
- Where Do Fish Live?
- Discover Fishing
- Fishing Tips - Rod Storage
- Fly Fishing Boats
- What’cha Eating? Bait Matrix
- Flyfishing Essentials
- Freshwater Fish - Bass
- Ten Tips for Clean and Green Boating
- Finding the Right Freshwater Fishing Boat for You
- Freshwater Fish - Trout
- Freshwater Fish - Crappie
- Freshwater Fish - Northern Pike
- Fishing Accessories - Tips from the Boating Guy
- Freshwater Fish - Perch
- Choosing the Most Effective Freshwater Fishing Tactics
- Freshwater Fish - Catfish
- Freshwater Fish - Carp
- Selecting Your Freshwater Fishing Gear
- Freshwater Fish - Chain Pickerel
- Freshwater Fish - Walleye
- Freshwater Fish - Eel
- Freshwater Fish - Muskellunge
- Freshwater Fish - Drum
- Boating is Affordable